Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Porcelain pendants and necklaces I made

Here are a few pictures of my work. Taking pictures with my new digital camera is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I have a lot of practicing ahead of me to get better quality photos. Years ago I used my old trusty Minolta SLR to take film photos of my pottery, but since digital is the way to go today, I'm giving it a try.
The cockatoo is cone 6 porcelain, fired to maturity, painted with acrylics and sealed, as are the cross, the fish, and the seahorse/starfish pendants. I usually augment each necklace I make with a couple of handmade porcelain beads, to achieve a better balance and look. These pendants are formed in press molds I made from a hand sculpted original. The dolphin is hand sculpted, no press molds used, so each one comes out a little different. I make lots of other styles of beads and pendants, and will get to those later on. I'm really enjoying the process of jewelry and beadmaking; although I do miss making pottery. On my next post, I'll show you some of my fused beach glass pendants.

Thanks for your interest !!!


















4 comments:

Bosphorus Glass said...

Hiii Gail,

Bosphorus Glass said...

Sorry me again, (I clicked the publish your comment button a bit early :) )
I just wanted to say that your pendants and necklaces are beautiful. Especially that blue one at the bottom. It reminds me the colour of tiles in "Blue Mosque" in Istanbul. Pottery is a kind of a ancient art here and I love every kind of it. :)

And I read your story about "living at the beach". Fortunately, we don't get those kind of storms here in Turkey and I always wanted to live "at the beach" one day. I wish you all the best with your house and I hope you'll able to set up your studio again soon.
Ilknur.

Jodie said...

Oh, my gosh! I love that fish!

Carol said...

Gail,

Could you make the cross necklace in shades of green? How much? Let me know thru Doug or email me here at work.

Thanks,
Carol